Sunday, September 19, 2010

Vacation Wrapup

Well, my vacation is over.  I know, I know, it wasn't a "big" vacation with an expensive trip to some far off (or not so far off) destination.  But it was a very nice vacation.  I'm not looking forward to going to work tomorrow, I could use another week or two of "down" time.
I didn't get half the things done that I wanted to, but I got a lot of good things done, got to see some really great people and had a bit of relaxing along the way.
I didn't get about 2 weeks of pictures off the camera, edited and posted.
I didn't get the camera brag post I've been wanting to write for 3 weeks now even started.
I didn't get half the things cleaned/straightened around the house that needs to be done.
I did, however, get to meet up with Carrie and Sammy on Wednesday and have a great lunch and a good bit of fun.  Boo even asked about Sammy a few days later.  I guess he liked him or something, or at the very least had a good time.  Carrie gave me a ton of great hand-me-downs for Boo.  They will be very handy and very much appreciated, especially as the weather gets cooler.  I don't have to worry about finding a winter coat or snow bibs that fit.  Thanks so much guys!  We really do appreciate it.
On Wednesday I made another fabulous discovery, I can actually shop at Old Navy and things fit!  I got myself a great pair of pants for work (on sale!) and a really cool jacket (also on sale!) and I got Boo 2 new shirts, a pair of pants (all on sale or clearance) and a cool pair of skeleton PJ's which can be his Halloween costume if he doesn't go for the wizard costume I'm planning on making him.  (They even glow in the dark!)
Thursday was jam packed with phone calls, bill paying, more clothes shopping and other errands.  I got 2 more pair of pants, bringing the total number of work acceptable pants I own up to 4.  They're all a little on the snug (but not bad) side, and will be just about perfect in about 10 lb, and I've got about 15 to my current goal.  I also picked up three shirts, but two of them have to go back because they fit weird.
Friday was an awesome and fun adventure.  I got to go up to Clark's Summit to visit Mary and see hang out with her for a while and see her really cool art work hanging up at Starbucks.  Yep, I drove 2 hours to get myself a chai.  Boo went with me and slept almost the entire ride up there (he woke up somewhere around Scranton).  He was quite the charmer once he warmed up to the people and Mary quite spoiled him with affection.  She's doing well and it was very nice to get a chance to spend some time with her.  I wish her the best of luck for the coming semester and all that she sets her mind to.
Friday night was spent hanging out at Kat's just relaxing and enjoying the company of friends.  I love having such wonderful friends so close.  Many people wouldn't understand, and don't understand how our "clan" works, but it does.  It's more than just a group of friends, we really are a family of sorts.  Sure, Kat and Andy are divorced, but they're getting along better now than they have in years.  Sure, Steph floats in and out and is staying with whoever she can right now, but that's a whole different story that I'm not going to get into here.  But there isn't one person, adult or child, that I wouldn't drop whatever I'm doing and rush to their aid if they or someone just says the word.  We all end up at Kat's and it doesn't matter who's there, but someone will end up cooking dinner and someone else will do the dishes and we'll all keep an eye on the kids.  Sure, it may be Kat's house, but it's all of ours home.  Like I said, I'm so glad to have a wonderful family of the heart.

Yesterday was a pretty normal Saturday, other than the fact that I think Boo has a bit of a cold.  He came into our room early with a bit of a cough and being a bit snotty.  Well, by noon he it was clear that he just wasn't feeling well, so I gave him a half dose of Benedryl and sent him to bed.  He slept 3 hours without complaint and only woke because I looked in on him to check up and stayed a minute to long.  We did go over to the Q-mart for a short trip before he was too cranky and just wanted up, and only wanted Momma (nothing new these days... if I'm around he wants nothing to do with Poppa....)  After that it was a pretty low key afternoon/evening.

Today I was a bit out of sorts.  It was gorgeous weather.  There was an Orienteering meet I would have liked to gone to (it's even National Orienteering Day).  The big problems being that Boo was being clingy and cranky and I wasn't about to leave him home with Poppa alone on a day like this.  Also, I realized I left my hiking shoes at work because I've been wearing them to walk around the path out back at lunch.  So, I had a clingy, bouncy, snotty boy, a tired slightly out of sorts husband, a very nice day and no way to really enjoy it the way I wanted to.  Yep, I wasn't exactly in the best of moods.  Oh well.
After Boo's nap we headed over to Kat's.  I finally got the last of our stuff out of storage at her place.  You know, the stuff I stashed over there back in April when we had the "issue" at the old apartment.  Yeah.  I washed about 3/4 of it and spent about $40.  I've got another 4 or 5 loads worth for tomorrow, which will be another $20 or so.  And then I will be done. Yes, I can't wait for that chapter to be well and truly closed.  It's only been 6 months since the real roller coaster got going, but it's been almost a year since the whole thing really started.  I never, ever, ever want to do that ever again!

Well, I've rambled on long enough.  It's almost 9:30 and I've got to get up early tomorrow.  As you can see, we never did go to either the USS New Jersey or Knobels this weekend, but mostly because Boo wasn't feeling well.  (And, as much as I would have enjoyed either, it was kinda nice to have a somewhat low-key day at home with the three of us.)  Boo is feeling much better this evening, although he's still snotty and stuffy and won't let me anywhere near him with a wash cloth or a tissue.
I'm off to bed and work in the morning.  Yeah, this'll be fun.  Next weekend we've got lunch at my parents planned on Sunday, to celebrate Daniel's 3rd birthday and Gak's 37th birthday.  Daniel turned 3 yesterday and my sweet hubby's birthday is on Saturday.  (Which, by the way, will also be my 10-year anniversary at my job... which is a very scary thought!)

Peace to all and may your vacations be restful and rejuvenating for the soul and your family wonderful.

No comments: