Monday, September 20, 2010

Normal? What's Normal?

Well, I just got a call from my doctor's office.  Apparently that sleep study I had done last week, is "normal".  Huh?  In reality I did get a slightly better than average night's sleep that night, but I still woke up a half dozen times and was actually surprised at how well I felt in the morning.  Lately my sleeping has been a bit better than in recent memory, but my brain still feels fuzzy and my focus is still shot and I'm tired all the time.
So, there is no further instructions from Dr. F (who I just found out isn't "in network" with my current insurance... but is for the other option that costs a bit more out of my pay check but should be about the same in the long run...)  The nurse who called said that if I continue to have problems to make an appointment and come in.
Part of me feels like I just wasted the money for the sleep study.  Part of me says "see!  I knew it wasn't sleep apnea!".  Part of me is glad I did it, if only for the "non-answer" I got out of it.
Who knows, maybe it really is just stress.  Maybe the fact that I was actually doing something, anything, about my sleep issues was enough to let my brain let go and actually get rest.  But if it's just stress, it's a vicious cycle.  Not sleeping, or feeling like I've slept, is adding big buckets of stress to my work life.

Anyhow, I've got my "answer" with the sleep study and now on to something else.  If I start sleeping worse than usual again, I'll make another appointment with Dr. F and see what she says.  Maybe it's thyroid related like Jennifer suggested.  Maybe there is something else going on behind the scenes that the sleep study wouldn't find.  Until then, I'll just keep on doing what I do and hope for the best.

Peace to all and may your answers be helpful and your sleep restful.

Edit 9/21: I got a call from Dr. P's office.  I don't need the 2nd study (duh, but I don't think they know Dr. F's office called...) but they want me to still keep my appointment on 11/4.  So, we'll see if that doesn't get moved up and we'll see what happens then. *shrug*

No comments: