Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sleep and Meetings

Well, here it is Thursday morning again already.  I still have a bunch of pictures to take off the camera and upload and that whole camera post I keep planning on.  Oh well.  I have the next few days off and hopefully I'll get some more writing done.
This mini vacation started off on a good note.  Tuesday morning I got a call from Dr. P's office saying they had a cancellation for that night, could I make it.  Sure!  I jump at the chance, even though it means I've got to miss swim class (I was going to miss it next week for the study anyhow...)
It really wasn't all that bad.  I knew it wasn't going to be.  The only thing that bothered me a bit was the two things they put under your nose to measure your breathing.  They got annoying towards morning, but nothing too horrible.  I actually slept fairly well, for me.  Of course, in the morning they give you this 5 or 6 question survey about your sleep and ask you things like how many times did you wake up, how long did it take you to fall asleep and how many hours and minutes do you think you slept.  Well, I can guess....  Anyhow, in a week or so I should know if I have to go in for the second study or not.  I'm hoping not.  Even though it wasn't a bad experience, it's not one I need again soon.  One good thing though, they didn't wake me up in the middle of the night and put a CPAP on my face.  That means that if it is sleep apnea that's keeping me awake, it's not that severe.  (I still don't think it is, but I really won't know for sure until my follow up appointment.)

So that was Tuesday night.  Yesterday I finally got to meet up with Carrie and her son Sam.  I've known Carrie and Nick for a couple of years now.  We met on EQII.  Nick actually works where my dad used to and on the same project.  They never worked there at the same time though.  I found that quite funny when I found out.  Anyhow, they live just over in New Jersey.  We've been trying to get together for months now.  We were supposed to get together Sunday, but Carrie had too much homework.  So, Carrie, Sammy, Boo and I met up at the King of Prussia Mall yesterday.  Carrie had gone through Sammy's clothes that don't fit any more and had three HUGE bags of stuff to give Boo.
Anyhow, Boo and I got there a bit early, so I decide to swing through Old Navy to see what was on sale and to see if anything fit.  Well, much to my surprise they actually have pants that fit!  Now, mind they'll look really good in about 5 lb, but they don't do weird and bad things now, and I fully intend on loosing those 5 lb and about 10 more on top of that.  So, yeah, I was able to get size 16 (regular old 16, not 16W) pants.  And an XL jacket.  I've been wanting a new jacket for work for a couple of months now.  I really miss my old orange cord jacket I had from Land's End several years ago.  Well, now I have a bright red cord jacket from Old Navy!  It's really great.  I also got a few things for Boo.  I found a pair of jeans on clearance and a T-shirt for $5.
Well, when we meet up with Carrie and Sam at Chick-fil-a for lunch, I found that my son had shoplifted the shirt I was going to buy for him.  Actually, what happened is I gave him a choice between two shirts, he grabbed the one he wanted and held on to it in his stroller while I continued to look.  Well, by the time I got to the register, I'd forgotten about the shirt and didn't remember until I pulled him out of the stroller at lunch.  Oops!  Anyhow, after lunch the boys ran around Build-a-Bear for a while looking at the animals and Boo pushing computer buttons and then we headed back to Old Navy.  I end up getting another shirt and a cool pair of jammies that are black with a glow-in-the-dark skeleton on them.  I figure if all else fails, he can be a skele  for Halloween.  (I'm going to make him a wizard's robe I think...)
Anyhow, after the boys running around in circles and getting into all kinds of trouble, we decide to head to a playground.  The only one I can think of is the one near Amma and PoPop's house.  We spent about an hour there watching the boys play until Boo decided it was time to go home.

So, it was a fun and full day.  Hopefully we'll all 7 of us get together soon.  (Nick and Jim had to work and Casey had to go to school.)  It will be a lot of fun.  They boys seem to like each other, so that's a good thing. I also love the clothes that we got from Carrie.  Especially the snow bibs!

Well, I've got an awake boy.  Today he'll be going to day care for at least part of the day so I can get some "round to it"s done.  Tomorrow we're supposed to go up to visit Mary near Scranton.  Saturday is a normal Saturday and Sunday we're thinking of going to either Kanobels or the USS New Jersey.
Again, I hope to get the camera post written today, and posted by tomorrow (hahah).

Peace to all and may your adventures be fun and your sleep sound.

No comments: