Friday, September 24, 2010

This and That

So here it is Friday again and almost no blogging (or Facebook really) from me.  And my pictures from weeks ago are still on the camera.
I could claim that work's been running me ragged.  But, it's mostly been an average week around here.
I could claim I'd been having awesome adventures with my family.  But that would be a lie.

In reality I've just been going through the days, not really paying attention, not really finding the unique.  That's OK to do sometimes, but I've been doing that a lot.  As busy as my weekends have been, I'm stuck in a rut.  It could be worse, this is at least a fairly healthy rut.

I'm still a bit baffled by the whole sleep thing.  In general my sleep has been better than average lately, but I'm still tired and have absolutely no focus.  There really isn't a reason for it either, or at least not one that I know of.  We'll just have to wait and see what Dr. P has to say at my next visit.
And speaking of health care, I just found out that 3 of the 4 doctors the family sees on a regular basis aren't in network.  But, they are in network for the other available plan.  It'll cost more out of my paycheck, but should be the same out of pocket cost over all.  (Although, I still don't understand it all.  Thankfully we're a pretty healthy bunch.)

Our wonderful Fall weather has disappeared again and we've been plunged back into August.  Only the leaves are changing and falling, so it's a little confusing.  I really love fall and spring weather.  Especially fall.  It's so wonderful for hiking and doing things outside.  I really need to lace up my boots and head out for a nice 3 or 4 mile hike.  (But, then I'd feel guilty for not spending time with Gak and Boo, since Gak just isn't into hiking like I am and Boo can't hike a 3-4 mile hike and I don't have a backpack for him...)  I'd love to have a bike to ride, but we don't have anywhere to store them.  And I'd need to get a kid seat for both Gak's and my bike (if we both got bikes) so Gak could bike to daycare/work and I could ride with him around town or to the park.  That would be wonderful.  (I have noticed I'm much more inclined to active things recently... this is a good thing.)

I'm also mentally at a stall with other projects in my life.  Maybe it's the change of seasons.  Maybe my heart just isn't in it any more.  Maybe I'm just listening to my lazy side too much where some things are concerned.  Anyhow, I need a motivation jolt to get over a few hurdles that stand in my way.  Not sure where to find it though.

This weekend promises to be another busy one.  Tomorrow is my wonderful husband's birthday.  I don't think we're going out for it though.  It would have to be tomorrow night.  Sunday we're planning on going to Ikea on our way to Mom and Dad's house for lunch.  Aunt Beverly is on the East Coast to visit my cousin Ben and family since Daniel turned 3 last week.  Sunday they Sugerman contingent will be coming up to PA for a visit and a dual birthday celebration.  Tonight should also promise to be fun as Gak's friends Ted and Lonnie are coming over for dinner.  They're box holders at his store and we've become friendly over the years.  It will be nice to have big people company.  Oh, and Monday Mom, Dad and Aunt Beverly are coming up for dinner.  (Yes, I know this is totally out of order, but that's just the way my brain works today.)

Anyhow, lunch is over and I should really be getting back to work.  I hope to have new pictures up soon.  I hope to get a few other projects kicked into high gear.  And I really, really want to be able to focus at work.  Especially since next Friday reporting month begins.

Peace to all and may your weeks be interesting and your weekends fun.

No comments: