Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day!

Happy belated Mother's Day to all the Mom's in my life.
Yesterday was a good day over all.  My boys took me out to breakfast at Spoor's.  It was quite yummy as always and I ate too much.  Boo even ate about a quarter of a piece of french toast.  After breakfast I dropped the boys off at the apartment and I went and did laundry.  Boo crashed for a nap shortly after getting home and was still asleep when I got back.
Once he woke up he got a bit of a snack (3-4 bites of yogurt that he insisted on using a fork for... 3 bites of a cereal bar and maybe 2 sips of milk).  Then it was time for the highlight of the day.  We went to the movies as a family!  We should have gotten into the theater right as the movie started instead of about 5-10 minutes before.  Boo did very well through most of it.  He would get whimpery not at the scary moments, but at random calm moments.  (Or when I would try and take the drink away, we should have brought his milk with us...)  anyhow, he got to the fussy, "I'm DONE" stage with about 10-15 minutes left in the movie.  So, I know how it probably ended, but no idea how it got there.  Oh well, it was quite enjoyable and will be added to our collection when it comes out on DVD.  It was truly a fun little movie and I will enjoy watching it again.
We then had an early dinner at Red Robin, which was yummy, even with a squirming boy.  We've reached that point where he doesn't want to be in a high chair or a booster but won't sit still yet (even for about 30 seconds it seems...) long enough to eat something.  At home if he gets up from the bench 3 times we tell him he looses his big boy privelages and he gets put into his high chair.  He'll usually fuss about it, but after a minute is resigned to it and will eat something or sit there quietly.  It's a bit tougher at some restaurants.
After eating we stopped in at Target, mostly to browse.  Then we headed up to the Promenade Shops. My goal was to go to LL Bean.  The boys went to the book store.  And yes, I actually bought a pair of jeans a size smaller than I've been wearing for at least the last 5 years, if not most of the last 10.  Yes, I'm satisfied with that.  No, it's not "life changing".  (I've never really bought into the hype that all of your troubles will disappear and you'll be a new perso(!)! as soon as you loose a bunch of weight.  If you have self image problems or other life issues, loosing 10, 15 or 30 lb or more isn't going to fix it over night.  Sure, it may help some people, but I've never seen myself as the bad side of "fat"... not skinny, yes, fat and ugly, no.  There isn't some super happy, super active bubbly person trapped inside me.  I'm me.  I've never let my size get in the way of what I want to do and have actually always seen myself as smaller than I really am... but this is another rant....)
Anyhow, I met up with the boys at the book store and Boo was having a clingy, whiny time of it.  He's been fussy and cranky and out of sorts all week.  I know he knows something is up and it's not sitting well with him.  He's also had a bit of a nasty cough going on (but it sounded better last night...) and his top two canine teeth are about halfway in.  Oh, and he's almost 2.  So, yeah, he's been out of sorts. He's also been sleeping a lot more this week, so I'm guessing he is fighting off a bug of some kind on top of everything else.

But, now I'm back at work today and it's being a painfully unproductive day.  Therefore, I'm going to wrap this up and try and force my attention back to where it should be.  Wish me luck, I'll need it.

Peace to all and may your weekends be good, the movies fun and the jeans fit.

No comments: