Friday, April 30, 2010

Sick Boy

Well, it's the last day of April.  And boy has it been a doozy of a month.  I am one very worn out Momma Rat right about now.
Right now, I have a sleeping baby boy (make that toddler boy...) in his room.  He woke up at 2:30 with a very loose and stinky diaper, didn't go back to sleep until about 4 and then promptly decided to get sick around 9 or so for his Poppa.
Of course, today is also the last day of reporting month and while most of my assignments have been wrapped up already, there is always still plenty to do and deadlines to meet.  Luckily, I've been able to work from home today.  I did take Boo into the doctor even though he'd been sick less than 12 hours.  That's because despite having no fever or other signs other than some general lethargy and just not quite being himself, every time we gave him any Pedialite or water, it came back almost immediately.  No, it wasn't cold, but room temperature.  He wasn't downing entire glasses of it at a time, anywhere from 3-5 oz before it would come back.  The last thing I wanted to do was go to the ER this weekend with a dehydrated boy child.  Well, his doc checked him out and he's OK other than the stomach issues.  She told me to cut back the liquids to about 1-2 oz and that should work, but to keep an eye on him.  So, I gave him 2 oz when we came home and he's been sleeping almost since.  Of course, he was mad as anything that he couldn't have any milk or any more than the 2 oz I had put in his cup.  Oh well.  He'll just have to deal.  I should wake him, but I'm not going to.
Of course, this means that we'll be missing the first class of the new swim session.  I think that bums me out way more than him.  We had last week off, so I'm not sure if he realizes we were supposed to start up again.  Oh well.  I'll live.

But yes, the rest of this month hasn't been much easier.  We've fought with the landlady and have come to a draw in my opinion.  We're moving out of a wonderful space, with a landlady I used to like and that has wonderful character.  We do have a new place to move into and just signed the lease today.  That's a good thing for this month.  We've also had the apartment "treated" and a follow up next week...
My best friend lost her nephew suddenly and unexpectedly and way too young.
I haven't slept in the same bed as my husband since we went to Baltimore for the weekend, and I'm really missing it.  I can't find half of my clothes as they're mostly bagged up in the dinning room or in storage at Kat's.
We had a cold but enjoyable trip to Knoebles last weekend, so that was another bright spot (although the sky was gray and cold...)
I managed to take 3rd in my company's "Biggest Looser" contest, but if anything I'm less happy with my size.   I think people are happier for me, than I am.  I was never unhappy at my heavier weight, but knew this needed to be done to prevent health issues in the future.  This has nothing (almost) to do with self-image and everything to do with future health.  I should feel happier, but I don't.  It just is.  Yes, it's a good thing, but it's still just one thing.  That's something for a whole different post though.
My brother both turned 32 years old and asked Becca to marry him on the same day, so that's a very bright spot.

So, yeah, it's been a month of ups and downs.  Stress, heartache, loss, hunting and finding have all played their parts.  Pardon me, I need a nap.  Here's hoping that while busy, May will be less stressful (or at least filled only with the good stress of moving...).  I'm looking forward to June, both for being in the new place (even though I will really miss this one!) and because my baby boy turns 2.  Where has the time gone?

Anyhow, just thought I'd try and sum up the month and whimper that my baby is sick.  I just hope neither Gak nor I get the bug, we don't need that added to the pile.  I'm off to figure out what to make with the orange ginger chicken for dinner, probably some rice.... but I'm not sure.

Peace to all and may your month not be quite the roller coaster mine has.... unless you're on them at Knoebles.

No comments: