Thursday, April 15, 2010

Cranky

This has been a long cranky week.  Since I've been too tired or cranky to write all week, I'll just keep it short and sweet and hit the highlights (or lowlights depending on your point of view...)

Monday, or was it Tuesday, we finally got a response from our landlady about when and who for the extermination.  Hopefully it'll happen tomorrow morning.  Boo will be in daycare all day and Gak will be here when the people are here to spray.  Yes, we're paying for half of it, but I'm too tired to argue.  Apparently that's what she did with the upstairs people too... somehow I think they probably caved because English isn't their first language, so it makes it harder to fight and understand your rights.  I hate when people take advantage of people because of that... grrr... Anyhow, it'll be the cheap people.  I honestly don't think it'll help in the long run, but hopefully we'll be out of here.  She never did concretely answer my question about getting out of the lease.  I'll pursue that next week after the exterminator has been here.

Work's been a royal pain and I spent most of Monday and Tuesday getting nowhere and getting myself in trouble (or at least attention I didn't want) and just having a hard time staying on task.  It's gotten better as the week's gone on, but... not one of my best weeks, but good enough.  Next week will be oh-so-fun... we've got all day meetings on Tuesday and Wednesday I have to try and train someone who I've tried to teach twice before and George has tried to teach once before.  Yeah, not feeling positive here.  George would be doing it except he'll be in Canada at a site I've been to a couple of times.  At least it's not January or February... it's 2/3 the way up Alberta in the oil sands.  I'm sure I blogged about it before when I was there.

I've been a tired, cranky, frustrated mess this week.  I spent about 10 minutes melting down this evening because I couldn't find my keys an Boo sure as anything wasn't helping any.  He was having a very cranky, clingy time and well, I just couldn't deal with that and everything else we've got to get done before tomorrow morning.  ugh.

We did look at an apartment this evening and actually put in an application.  It's a little building across from the laundromat.  It's nice, if a little smaller than where we're at (but this is a HUGE apartment in reality...) and still a 2nd floor apartment.  It's got some green space out back and a deck big enough for a couple of chairs and a table.  We'd probably have to put the dinning room furniture in storage at Mom and Dad's, but... it's worth it.  The only thing I don't love about it is the fact that it's definitely a "complex" kind of apartment... in some ways it reminds me of an oversize dorm room, but for what it is, it's nice.  There's only the one building and maybe 16 apartment (8 in each half) total.  It's pretty new and looks to be in good condition.  I guess sterile is the word I'm looking for, but that's OK.  This isn't our forever home, just something for the next few years.

Anyhow, I've got to go help move some furniture for tomorrow and then go crash.

Peace to all and may your weeks be nowhere near as cranky as mine and may things actually go your way.

No comments: