Thursday, June 18, 2009

Two More...

Two more things I missed earlier this morning. One big, one not so big.
Little news: My mother is officially dizzy. You see, Monday she called and said that she wasn't feeling well and wouldn't be able to take care of Boo. No big deal, these things happen. She said she was feeling very dizzy. It didn't get better so she ended up going to the ER on Tuesday. Well, it turns out that she somehow managed to tear her inner ear. Nothing a little time and a little Valium won't fix. She should be all better by the end of the week. But, in the mean time, I officially have a dizzy mom.

Big news: I'm school debt free!!!!!!! Yes, that deserves an explosion of exclamation points. I was checking my bank balance yesterday and noticed that my school loan payment went through Monday but was only about half of what it normally was. So, I went and checked the loan balance. It was down to $0.01. Why, oh why, didn't they take the last penny out with the payment, I'll never know. So, I promptly scheduled the one cent payment for today.
Now, if only I could say that about the credit card debt (Gak and) I wracked up in our "younger" and more careless days. Oh well, paying off the school loan gives me almost $15o a month extra breathing room that will be taken up by the daycare increase next month. Boo doesn't change to the toddler rate until he's 18 months old, which is December. In the mean time, the annual rate change goes into affect July 1. Therefore, for the next 6 months or so, we'll be paying a bit more than we have been. Not too much, but enough to make you go ugh.

Anyway, back to work now. Just thought I'd share the two bits of news I forgot in my half-awake state earlier this morning.

No comments: