Sunday, July 31, 2011

2 Days, 2 Movies??

This weekend has been a busy one.  Gak and I actually got to see two new movies, in the theater even, in 24 hours!  One was really good, the other... well... not so much.  Now, mind you we saw Cars 2 a few weeks back now and before that the last movie we saw in the theater was How to Train Your Dragon.  Or at least, Gak and I think that was the last one we saw in the theater either with or without Boo... I could be wrong, but somehow I doubt it.
Friday I had bribed a teenager (Rachel) to watch Boo for us.  I picked up Gak from work and we headed up to Saucon Valley.  We actually got to see Captain America.  We missed both Thor and Green Lantern.  (I've heard good things about Thor, but mixed things about Green Lantern...)  It was quite enjoyable.  I think they did a great job with keeping true to Cap.  The special affects were there and were pretty good, but the big thing is, they didn't over shadow the movie.  Anyhow, we've got to make sure we get these date nights more than once every 3-4 months!  (The last time we went out was to see Seamus Kennedy at the end of March.)

Last night was a special adventure.  Gak, Boo and I went up to the drive-in movie theater (there are actually two in the area!) with the rest of the gang.  The first movie of the night was Cowboys and Aliens.  In short, don't bother.  Maybe rent it if you're kinda bored.  It didn't keep my attention very long and it was the most disappointing Harrison Ford performance I've seen.  The movie could have taken the subject totally seriously or they could have gone very campy and intentionally going for the grade B sci-fi or old Western feel.  Instead, they kinda muddled about with it.  There was no character that you actually felt anything for and the whole thing was, well, boring.  But, the theater was great and it was a lot of fun before the show with the gang, the show itself was just a bit of a bummer.  Oh well.  Maybe next time we'll get to see a better show.

Tomorrow I actually have off as well!  Yes, I'm actually spending vacation days this summer.  Tomorrow Boo, Amma and I are heading down to Delaware again.  This time we're going to spend some time on the beach in the morning and in the afternoon/evening we're going to go over to Jay's house and catch up with Robin and Paul who are up from Georgia.  It'll be a fun time.  I also get to play hooky on Thursday as well.  I'm really looking forward to that because my friend Belssa from England will be visiting!  She and her husband are here in the US for a nice long road-trip vacation.  I worked with Blessa at Tohi many, many years ago now.  She and I spent a lot of time together because we lived in the same unit just about half of that summer.  She was a riding instructor and me, the non-horse gal, got a lot of riding units.  It was fun, and we got along great.  I've missed her and it will be so nice to get a chance to catch up.

Anyhow, I'd better finish getting some chores and things ready, so I can just get everyone dressed and on the road tomorrow morning.  (Gak has to work all day all week this week, which stinks, but I don't feel quite so guilty about going to the beach without him this way... I guess it's because if he only had to work his normal hours, I'd be missing out on a half day with him... *shrug*)

Anyhow, peace to you all and may the movies be good, your adventures fun, and friends not too far.

No comments: