Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Not Dead Yet...

I think this is the longest I've ever abandoned my blog.  That's not to say I haven't been coming for a visit now and again, I just haven't had the time, energy or inclination to post.
I've been in a bit of a funk recently.  A lot of it has to do with work stuff, but there's been some out-of-work things that have been keeping my attention away from this space or feeling like posting too.  (I know, I know, that's why I have this blog, at least in part, to get that funk out of my head and onto "paper"... but I just couldn't get anything coherent out.)
I've also been very busy.  Work has both been good and bad, but right now is mostly just frustrating.  Both for the tasks I've got to get done and for the attitudes of myself and my coworkers and the management.  It's been a tense time, but mostly from Spring Fever more than anything.  Every spring we go through a bit of a quarrelsome time.  This too shall pass.
This should tell you both how busy and how much of a funk I have been in this past month... I didn't even touch my camera until about the 20th!  Yep, I was supposed to get boy-dragon pictures this month and I never did.  Oh well, June will be here before you know it!  (That is another post entirely!)

So, while I take a little time between today and tomorrow to try and come up with a couple of posts with most of my photo challenge that I've failed at, I'll give a quick rundown of the month.
Yes, it's going to be a bulleted list because a little boy just walked into the living room.  This may not be in chronological order, but these are the highlights I remember.

* Dinner with the Ducks.  Bob and Linda Duck came over one Monday early in the month for dinner with Mom, Boo and I.  It was quite an enjoyable evening.

* Boo has grown like a weed.  He's now wearing 3T tops AND bottoms.  (He'd been in 3T tops since the fall/winter.)  He needs the 3T bottoms for length, but the 2T are still a bit big in the waist.)

* This weekend was a super hectic one.  Saturday night Gak and I went and saw Seamus Kennedy and it was a blast.  Sunday morning the three of us left early to go down to Baltimore to celebrate Ethan's first birthday and then Monday I took off work to celebrate Amma's birthday with her (it was really Friday).  Boo and I joined her at the Y and after breakfast the three of us headed to the Philly Zoo to break in the membership Jon and Becca got us for Christmas.  It was cold but fun.

* We were teased with warm spring weather but have slipped back into winter again I think.  Last I checked they were calling for snow on Friday, which is the hope opener for the Phillies.  Snow?  What?

* I'm not sure if I've mentioned it or not, but Gak and I have migrated to a new game.  We're now playing Rift.  Yes, that's taken up a lot of my evenings when I could/should have been posting.  We're playing with some of his friends from OK and it's been quite fun.

* I've reconnected with still more friends on Facebook.  Lissa found me, and I'm so very happy to catch up with her again.  I've also reconnected with a few other college friends as well.  And no, I haven't been posting there much more than here...

*  Boo is really beginning to enter the Very Trying Threes at times.  His language is exploding and most of the time he's a very nice little boy to be around, but when he's not, boy is he NOT.  Oh well, we'll survive this stage too.

I think that's about it for the highlights of what we've been up to.  I hope to write more (and post a LOT more pictures) soon!

Peace to you all and may months not slip away without you noticing.

No comments: