Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve and Other Stories

Well, here it is Christmas Eve and I haven't touched this blog in a week.  I'm sorry about that guys.  I could blame it on the season and the like, but it's just been that I haven't had the motivation to write.
I must say, however, that I'm really feeling the joy of the season right now.  No, I haven't had too many rum and cokes... I haven't had any since our party last Friday.  No, I'm just seeing the true joy that people I know are getting by giving and I'm getting really excited to see the smiles on my nieces and nephews faces when they open what we got them.  That, and I'm truly blessed with wonderful neighbors.  Last week, Frank from downstairs came up, knocked on our door and presented me with a beautiful poinsettia.  I've managed not to kill it like I've almost done with the one at work.  Then, this morning Gak opens our front door and there's a pair of packages sitting there.  Both of them are from Mrs. Alverta from #4.  She gave everyone in the building cute little tins of homemade fudge (yummy, but it has nuts, so that's good for me!).  She also had a present and a card for Boo.  It was so sweet!  She got him three coloring books, including a Winnie the Pooh and a Sesame street one.

Anyhow, I was able to wrap up one of my two big projects completely before the end of the week and I'm pretty sure I'm done the other, just waiting on confirmation from the customer.  Thursday was a bit of a bust in some ways because no one was around for me to get in touch with to do work at the sites.  Oh well.  I got some things done and managed to stay out of trouble for the most part.  I hope to have several emails waiting for me when I get back on the 4th telling me to close things.

This weekend is going to be jam packed full of fun.  Gak actually had today off and got a 3-day weekend!  We did a little bit of last minute shopping to add to a few gifts and ate lunch at our new favorite pizza joint around the corner.  Now the boy is napping (should be up soon).  Gak and I managed to get a little game time in and I just wrapped up making a double batch of chili to take over to Kat's tonight.  Tonight is the usual open house at Kat's when everyone gathers and we get to give the kids their gifts from the aunts and uncles.  So much fun.  Tomorrow we're opening presents here, and after lunch heading down to Amma and PopPop's for more presents and dinner.  Sunday is recovery day and laundry/grocery day.

I'm off work for the next week, which should be fun as I've got a few ideas of things to do.  I'm really looking forward to the 1st though.  We're hopefully getting together with Michelle!!  She's home from Canada until the 3rd, so that'll be fun.  Hopefully her aunt Eileen will be there too, which will be great as I haven't seen her in too long and I miss her.

Anyhow, I'm going to try and get a little more EQII time in before the boy child wakes up.

Peace to all and may your holidays be merry and bright.

No comments: