Thursday, September 17, 2009

Family

Well, yesterday was quite an enjoyable evening. And before you ask, no I don't have any pictures. My camera was in the living room all evening and we were in the dining room. Mom and Aunt Beverly did get some, so I hope one of them will share soon.
Everyone got here at around 6:15 or so. They were planning on getting here earlier, but they took a few wrong turns and Garmin had to keep recalculating the route. They brought dinner from Boston Market, which is a favorite of mine really. I hate to say it, but I like their chicken best.
Anyhow, I left Boo with the family while I went and picked up Gak. I'd given Boo a bit of dinner around 6 because he was getting hungry and fussy.
Boo did very well and warmed up to Uncle Richard very quickly. Not surprising, he is a likable kind of guy and a little goofy. Dinner was quite enjoyable, with lots of good conversation. It's always good to see Beverly and Richard, it really does stink that they live all the way on the other side of the country. I know, I've said that before, and I'll say it again.

In other family news, both John and Kate (John's about as close to a cousin of mine without actually being a cousin) and Ben and Jenny are both expecting baby number 2! I'm so excited for them. (Although, a little sad for us because as much as I'd like to try for number 2, it's not in the cards financially right now... I won't be that financially irresponsible as to have a baby I can't afford day care for. There, I said it, now hopefully people won't ask again for a few months... *sigh*)

I did see some sad world news this morning already though. Ms. Marry of Peter, Paul and Mary passed away yesterday. I love their voices together. You can really tell they like each other when you see them perform. All three of them are kind souls. Her light on this world will be sadly missed.

Peace to all and may the family gatherings be good, the news happy and the songs beautiful.

No comments: