Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A Howling (?) Good Weekend

This weekend was full of adventures of various kinds.
There were the mundane ones like remembering everything that was on the grocery list that was still on the kitchen counter or trying to get the laundry done before our friends came over.
There were the adventures in Norrath that Gak and I had with some of our friends. I grouped quite a bit on Saturday with my friend Syn and several other guild members. I even managed to get a level in. I almost got one in Sunday as well! (Shhh don't tell anyone... they might expect that more often. :P )
There were the afore alluded to adventures with family. My sister is having a rough time right now for various reasons. She and her daughter needed to get out of the house Saturday. Ok, no problem. Sleepover at Aunt Addey's and Uncle Gak's! Sunday the little bear woke up around 9 and was content to watch the Danger Mouse DVDs she started the evening before and munch a bowl of cereal. We let Momma sleep until about 10:30. I don't know all the details and probably wouldn't post them anyhow. Needless to say, this is the first good sleep my sister has had in a while and I wasn't about to disturb it. I'm just glad that I can be there for her when she needs me.
Then there was Sunday. I'd been looking forward to Sunday afternoon for several weeks. Gak invited two of our gammer friends over (originally my sister and her daughter were going to be there too) for a game. We were going to do a Vampire game of Gak's creation. It went through several metamorphosis and ended up a Werewolf game. (Much to my happiness!)
It started out with character creation. We were creating us. Yep, we were playing us. This was going to be fun. Then we start out on our adventure. And what an adventure it turns in to! The player interactions were great. I managed not to use too much player knowledge. It was easy for the other two not to because they'd never played this system before. I think the most fun was watching Scott just melt down as his mind broke. He really had a hard time dealing with things there for a bit and Stew wasn't helping things any. I admit, my 'character' mind broke a few times, but I had such a blast. I'm not sure when we're getting together again for this adventure, but I'll keep ya posted.
Well, I've got a few things to finish up before I head out for the evening. Peace to all and howl at the moon from time to time. It's fun!

No comments: