Friday, July 14, 2006

Ugh

This has been one long and not overly productive week. I haven't even taken the time to write about how unproductive I've been.
My trials from my last expedition to the woods aren't quite over. Not only did I get that nice massive bruise, but what I thought was an infected cut turns out to be poison ivy. This is the first time in my entire life that I've ever had poison ivy. My doctor thought it was an infected cut as well when I went to my appointment and put me on some antibiotics. 4 days later and the itching was still as bad as ever and spreading. Uh-oh. I guess it's not an infection but poison. He then gave me a steroid cream for it. Just getting that was an adventure because my normal pharmacy was out and "we can get that for you tomorrow..." just wasn't going to fly. Luckily a nearby pharmacy did have it and I'm feeling a lot better. I still itch like crazy at times, but the area of the rash is much smaller and not so bad looking. At least my bruise healed well.
I haven't had a very productive work week. It's a combination of still being exhausted from last month and coming back from a vacation week. Both things make it hard to concentrate and care. I'm planning on getting work done from home next week. I've got a couple of big projects and they go so much quicker when I can spread out over the entire apartment and tell Gak to go away for a bit.
This weekend looks to be hot and humid and nasty. I'm still trying to decide if I'm heading out into the woods on Sunday.
Now I've completely lost my train of thought. My buddy Don came up and distracted me yet again. I'm not going to even begin about the 2-hour lunch some of us had yesterday. shhh....
Oh well... Peace to all my friends in Norrath and beyond.

No comments: