Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Life


This isn't a post that I'd normally put into this blog, as it has nothing to do with my travels, either in the real world or in Norrath. It does however involve a friend. A close friend from college who spent a lot of time with me exploring other worlds, such as Happy MUD.
Isis (her favorite toon name) and I roomed together one year in college. We had so much fun together. January of 2005 she got married to Marcus. We were all so happy for them, as we never thought we'd see the day Isis would 'commit' (she had a lot of fear of this...). Back at the beginning of the month she'd sent out an email announcing she'd be in New York for a few days and that, by the way, in January, a baby would be born.
Today, I got very sad news. Isis had a miscarriage. I hurt for her because I love her. I hurt because I know how very much she, and Marcus, wanted this baby. She wants a house full of babies. I also hurt because no mater how much I love her I can't do a damn thing for her. Not only because she lives in California, but because there is nothing you can say or do that will make her hurt less.
I'm sorry for the downer, but I needed to get this out. Isis is strong and Marcus loves her to the ends of the earth and back. They will get through this.
Peace and hugs to all my friends in Norrath and beyond.

No comments: