Thursday, March 22, 2012

Round and Round

Today I had my ENT appointment.  It was very brief.  Overall, I like the guy.  He's about my age, maybe a bit younger.  But, that's beside the point.  His opinion is that if I want to have my tonsils removed, he'll do it, but it's really my call.  The up side is that it's a quick surgery and that there's a 99% chance I'll never get strep again.  The downside?  About a 2 week and very painful recovery time. So, I can either deal with 15 days or so of a lot of pain and recovery and probably never get strep again, or take my chances and possibly have to deal with a sore throat, a few days of missed work and a round or two of antibiotics a winter.  Yeah, about six of one, a half dozen of the other.  I think I'm going to take his advice and wait and see what happens once Boo actually does start school.  If I have a couple of very miserable winters then I'll get them yanked, if not, I'll let them be.  If I was having problems snoring or with other sleep issues, that would be a different story.  But overall, everything is OK.  So, I'm going to let sleeping dogs lie for now.

The other part of this round and round post is that I signed Boo up for soccer this summer.  From May 5th through July 7th every Saturday Boo will be chasing a soccer ball around a field getting in the way of a bunch of other four and five year old kids.  It'll be chaos.  It'll be cute.  And hopefully it'll be fun for both me and the boy.  Yes, Boo doesn't turn four until the middle of the season, but I sent an email asking if I could sign him up, and they said it wouldn't be a problem.  I'd asked Boo if he wanted to play, and I got a very enthusiastic "Yes!" out of him.  So, we'll see if he likes it.  If he does, we'll see if he wants to keep playing.  If not, we'll let it go after this season and maybe see in a few years if he wants to try again.
I'll let him try just about anything, sports or classes or whatever, if he expresses a true interest.  My only stipulation is that he complete the season or class before calling it quits.  Especially if it requires expensive equipment.
I hope he has as much fun as I think he has.  I think this will be a good experience.  He'll get to meet some other kids.  He'll get exposed to having to listen to adults other than those at daycare and Gak and I and the thought that maybe, just maybe, he'll have to work with other kids to achieve a common goal.  But other than that, I think it'll just be fun.  And it'll be something just for him on Saturdays.

So, that's the most interesting things going on around this house right now.  The weekend is going to be very busy.  Saturday we're planning on going to see Seamus Kennedy with the other adults while Rachel watches Billy, Zoe and Boo.  Sunday we're heading down to the Maryland Sugerpeople to celebrate Mom's and Ethan's birthdays and Aunt Beverly and Uncle Richard's anniversary.  Daniel, Jenny, Boo and I have tickets to a children's theater production as well.  It'll be a packed weekend, but it should be a lot of fun.  Monday I'm probably going to be dragging, but I'll deal with that then.

Peace to all and may you get good advice and find fun things.

No comments: