Monday, January 09, 2012

Multitasking

Well, it looks like I'm not starting off the year too great when it comes to keeping this blog updated.  I really do want to do better this year than I did last year.  I let things go a bit at times and, even if I don't have anything "big" to say, there are still things going on in my life.

Anyhow, this past week has been pretty good.  I managed to stay quite busy and even focused at work.  I feel like I got a lot accomplished.  I'm not sure how much I really did get accomplished, at least according to the numbers, but I've been moving forward.

I also managed to crochet a second pair of socks last week too.  (Actually, I finished them Saturday.)  Yes, yes, I know, I shouldn't be writing here on the blog while I'm supposed to be working and I really shouldn't be crocheting.  At least this "sounds" like work, even if I'm writing something for me.  But, the blessing and the curse of reporting month is that the EPA checking software that I use to validate and check reports that our customers submit has a habit of taking for-freaking-ever to import a file and then check it.  So, while I'm loading an entire year's worth of data from a site into the checking software, I can't connect to another site (that would kill my connection to the EPA databases).  Therefore, I can either sit here and stare at a screen that's not really changing, or I can try and do something productive.  I should be going over some stuff for a conference call this afternoon, but I'm having problems focusing on it and really need to hop into the site to check out a few things.  So, I figured I'd better take the opportunity to write a few words.

This weekend was a pretty good weekend, even if I am fighting off a bit of a head cold or a sinus infection (I'm never sure which until a week or two has gone by and I'm still stuffed to the gills with snot...).
Boo and I had a good day on Saturday.  We got the laundry done.  We swung by bowling to say hi to the kids.  This wasn't a "kids weekend", so Rachel and Billy were going home with their dad.  Zoe was going home with Scott because Kat was at the funeral for Uncle Joe's mom who passed away earlier in the week.  (It was a little sudden, but not unexpected, her health had been failing quickly recently...)  Boo and I had a nice lunch at the dinner and then he went home and crashed and crashed hard.  He'd been up since 6:00 or maybe a little earlier.

Anyhow, after we pick up Gak we do a quick BJ's run to pick up dishwasher soap, tissues and a few other little things.  (I forgot to get filters for the water pitcher, but I'll fix that soon...).  We used the gift card Nana (Gak's mom) gave us for Christmas to Applebee's for dinner.  It was quite yummy and I managed not to stuff myself silly.  Boo even managed to eat a good bit of his dinner.  We headed over to Kat's for a little bit because Boo was quite unhappy that he hadn't gotten to play with Zoe.

Yesterday was a really fun day for me, even if it was a little long.  You see, Boo and I trekked out to York to visit Lissa and Mary.  Admittedly, there were several other people there because they were hosing a Tupperware party.  That was my excuse for dragging the boy halfway across the state to toss him in with a bunch of people he didn't know.  He actually had a good time.  Mary has two boys, one of whom is only about 1.5 to 2 years older than he is.  They weren't home most of the afternoon, but the toys were and Mary was more than happy to let Boo play with them.  And Boo was more than happy to play with the trucks at my feet while I socialized with the ladies.

It was soooooo good to get to see Lissa and Mary.  I've missed them so.  I'm glad we caught up with eacho other again.  Lissa and I are already talking about getting together over the summer, including possibly going to Knoebles together.  Our friend Ejn was there too.  Her husband and their two boys (Boo is in the middle of these two) went to Chuck-e-cheese while we gathered, but I'm sure Boo would have fun with her boys too.  And actually, Ejn probably lives halfway between Lissa and I, so it would be totally awesome to all get together at their place.

Well, it looks like I've typed long enough for all of my reports to finish loading into the checker.  Off to start the evaluation and find something else to keep me occupied while that happens.  Maybe I'll warm up my lunch early, since eating late wouldn't be too good of an idea with the call I've got.

Peace to all and may your reports load swiftly and more importantly, may your visits with friends be wonderful.

P.S.  I just noticed that this is the 777th post.  I've successfully posted a huge honking airplane's worth of posts? Hmm....

No comments: