Sunday, April 24, 2011

Shower Musing

Friday evening I wasn't feeling very well.  I'm still not sure if it was just a bad allergy day with the end of a stressful week and some interrupted sleep on top, or a small spring cold.  Anyhow, Friday evening I really, really wanted to soak for a long time in a nice hot shower.  So I did.
While I was standing there, enjoying the hot water, I was ruminating on the fact that this was Earth Day and here I was, wasting lots of water and energy.  Not very bright, eh?  So, I had a brilliant idea.  Wouldn't it be cool if someone would come up with a recirculating shower?  One where you could run the shower for a bit until you had enough water and then start up a recirculating pump of some sort and maybe one of those in-line water heaters.  Then you could almost guilt free take as long and luxurious a soak of a shower as you wanted.

Well, it looks like I'm not the first to come up with that idea.  I did a quick google search and there were lots of hits.  There were some where the responses to the posed question were not at all positive.  I was thinking of something like a jacuzzi tub, but as a shower instead of a tub.  I mean, if you can do it for a tub, why not a shower?  Anyhow, this one seems to be the "standard" that everyone references back to.

So, it looks like there are options out there.  And, yeah, I think if we ever could own our own home, or even better build one from the ground up, I'd seriously look into something like this.  But, that's a pipe dream.  For now, I'll content myself with doing it not that often and for not as long as I'd like.

But, I'm feeling much better today.  And it's not raining and the sun is out.  So... yeah.  Just a random bit of brain fluff.  It sounded better in my head, but I just couldn't pull it together this morning.

Peace to all and may your ideas be good.

No comments: