Monday, April 11, 2011

Growing (busy)

Well, it's been two weeks almost since I've written anything here.  Ugh.
This picture from last week should sum up a bit how it's been.  I've been busily trying to get out of the way of moving objects, including my son on his tricycle.
A lot of it has been good, some of it has been average and a bit has been somewhat on the "aargh" scale of things.  Home has been good, work has been a bit aargh and there's been a lot of day-to-day stuff just humming along.
It's April, it's a busy time at work and add a cranky economy and a Congress and EPA that keeps changing their minds on things and you generate a climate where aargh can seem somewhat normal at work.  It's nothing new, it's really not that bad, but it's there.

We have done a few exciting things over the past week or so though.  Two weeks ago at Ethan's birthday party, we were given "wild flower confetti" as a thank you.  So, Monday Amma, Boo and I went to Lowes to pick up a nice planter box and some herbs to start.  We also got a watermelon planter cup and a package of Elmo cherry tomatoes to start with their own starter containers and everything.  Sooo... after dinner Boo and I had fun planting the watermelon and the tomatoes.  We've got one watermelon sprouted and a bunch of tomato plants (which I will most definitely have to thin a bit even before we get to the point of having to transplant them into the ground and/or containers.  We both had a bit of fun playing in the dirt. We didn't start the flowers and herbs until Friday, so we'll see what happens there.
(This is our started garden, the better picture of Boo actually helping plant the flowers is still on the camera, and no pictures of sprouted plants yet....)

Anyhow, Aunt Beverly and Uncle Richard are in town for a conference of some sort, so this meant brunch at Mom and Dad's yesterday with the rest of the family.  It was really awesome to see Ben, Jenny, Ethan and Daniel again after only two weeks.  Daniel and Boo had sooo much fun playing together.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I really wish we lived closer and got to spend more time together.  I'm sure the boys would enjoy it.

Anyhow, that's a quick little update.  I'm sorry I've been too busy with other things to squeeze out a few minutes here.  I'll try and keep the pictures posting at flickr and hopefully more words and pictures here.

No comments: