Thursday, January 27, 2011

Now where was I?

Ok, Ok, so yet another week plus has gone by without my paying any attention to this little corner of the world.
I think mostly it's because I've been stuck in a rut of work, snow, sleep and work.  Oh, and don't forget the snow.
I just haven't felt like I had anything to say recently.  I am working on a bit of a project/challenge for February, but it's in the percolating through my brain stages and doesn't have any real form yet.
Let's see here, what interesting things have been going on in my life?
Work:
My group moved upstairs to be with the software development team.  I think it'll work out in the long run, but it's a bit of a switch that'll take some getting used to.  I've both been more and less productive, so yeah, nothing new there.  I have to come up with my annual goals by the end of the week and I have to have 4.  After my review and knowing what's expected of the group, I'm still having problems coming up with 4 measurable and meaningful goals.  And no, my manager is no help on this one... we have to come up with them and then submit them to him for approval. Yeah, not so happy with this.
Working out:
Well, I joined the gym at the beginning of the month.  I've really enjoyed the switch, but the stupid weather keeps getting in the way of my plans.  (For example, as I'm writing this I'm supposed to be wrapping up my workout, but I just wasn't going to deal with the snow before I had to today...)  Hopefully I'll get firmly into my Tuesday/Thursday morning routine like I'd like.  It really helps with the cabin fever I get this time of year if I can be physically active in some way.
Crochet:
I'm currently in the middle of two blankets and a scarf/wrap.  I've been able to get a few minutes here and there with them and am quite happy with all three.  I'm not 100% sure who any of the projects are going to eventually end up with, but I'm enjoying them.  I've got major start-itis though right now. I've got some really yummy, fuzzy, bulky yarn to make a small baby blanket with (no, I don't have anyone in mind for it) that I really want to start just because it's warm and fuzzy and another pattern I really want to try again because it defeated me before and a couple of hats and scarves I'd like to make as well.  But I've got to finish at least one project before I start anything else.  Or at least that's what I keep telling myself...
Friends:
This past weekend was pretty uneventful as far as that goes.  There is a good bit of drama going on in part of my clan of friends.  No, I'm not going to write about it here.  At least not yet.  There are two, or more, sides to every story, and I don't have all the info yet and haven't processed it all to make a coherent statement.  In all that vague language, I'm trying to say that big things are going on that are troubling me deeply, but can't share it yet.
Family:
Dad has his up days and down days.  The business continues to roll along in fits and starts, but seems to be hanging on at the moment.  Mom's had some really good results with her chiropractor and it seems to be helping.  I love the fact that she can still come up just about every Monday to spend with Boo.
Gak and Boo continue to do well.  We've all had our moments recently with bouts of sinus ick, but over all, we've been healthy this winter.  Boo just keeps amazing me every day.  His vocabulary is HUGE and he's just too darn cute.  Boo really loves his new back pack (but not so sure about the chest-clip modification I added...)

But... I've got an awake boy who wants some snuggles, so I'd better sign off.

Peace to all and may things go well for you and yours.

P.S. I do have some new photos, but they're still on the camera....

No comments: