Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful

Well, my parents just left, the boy is in bed and the house is quiet. It was a very successful Thanksgiving here. There was a minor coordination, or lack there of, issue when getting the dinner onto the table. The turkey was done earlier than I wanted it to be, there was a minor snafu with the sweet potatoes and just some general chaos, but nothing too major. The food was all delicious and there was plenty of it.
I have no pictures though, I was too busy cooking and then talking with mom and eating, that well... the camera stayed in the living room and I wasn't.
Anyhow, I have so much to be thankful for this year. I have all the normal things like the fact that I still have a job, and one that pays fairly well even, a loving husband and a wonderful son who really rocks our world. I have the above average things like my group of close friends and a family who I love and is there for me when I need them. And, best of all, today Mel came home from the hospital. She's healed in body, but not in spirit. That'll take much, much more time. And a lot of work, by everyone. There is hope, there is love and most importantly, we still have our Mel-bell, my Little Bug (who's bigger than I am now...).
I do wish my brother and Becca could have been here, but I can understand why they're not coming out until this summer some time. I wish Kat had been feeling better and I could have headed over there for a bit after dinner. I wish that Gak's family didn't live so far away and could have joined us. I'm just glad that we had as good a day and as great a family as we do.
Anyhow, I'm off to put on the PJ's and possibly go do a little "hunting" in Norrath.
Peace to all and may your gatherings be happy, the food in plenty and spirits high.

No comments: