Monday, November 23, 2009

Birthday!


Well, today is my birthday. Yep, another year older and deeper in debt. Well, maybe not deeper in debt, but definitely no less in debt. *sigh* Something to work harder on in the coming year. ...Actually, wait... I paid off my student loan and I haven't missed any truck payments, so there's less debt! Now, if only I could get ahead of the credit mess....
Anyhow, I wasn't going to ramble on about my debt issues... I was going to tell you, at least a little bit, about the day. It has been a good one.
The morning was fairly nice even though Boo woke at 7 instead of sleeping in. Oh well. I also think we'll need to find something else for his breakfasts... I think he's getting tired of yogurt, or at least the banana and vanilla flavors that have been the only ones in stock the last few weeks.
After breakfast we all got cleaned up and ready for our adventure. We were off to the Aquarium down in Camden. It wasn't too bad of a drive and I didn't take any wrong turns. Traffic came to a bit of a stop around Center City, but this is why we left at 9:30 instead of any earlier.
We had a wonderful time at the aquarium. Much better than back in May when it was sooooo packed. There was one or two classes of kids there and a bunch of families. It was quite nice. Boo was much more into the fish this time. I just wish it wasn't so expensive. Thankfully, he's still free until June. Boo also did very well with his puppy dog backpack/leash. Yes, I leashed my son, but it gave him plenty of freedom and let me know exactly where he was and keep him from wandering too far. He spent a good bit of time walking, but also wanted to be carried some and rode in his stroller some. Overall, a good combination.
After exploring the aquarium for a couple of hours, we decided we'd seen everything and it was time to head home.
We didn't head straight home though. We stopped in at IKEA, since it was on the way. They have lots of neat kid things there. We ended up picking up a couple of things for Boo for the holidays, and for cheaper than I'd seen at other places. We also ate lunch there, which was yummy as ever. And pretty cheep too.
Gak surprised me with a birthday cake when I sent him across the street for trash bags. It was quite yummy.
Anyhow, I've got to go log in, a group is forming... and I'd like to be a part of it.

No comments: