Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Rollercoaster Weekend


This was one rollercoaster of a weekend.  
It started out on a pretty low note, even though the weather was gorgeous!  At about 3am and then again at about 3:15 am, Boo's system decided that it didn't want anything to do with what was in his stomach.  So, 2 pairs of PJ's and 2 sheets and a mattress pad later, we all go back to sleep.  At 7:30 or so, within a minute or two of his morning nursing, he decides that would be better up than down, covering himself and his momma and the blanket that had escaped earlier in the night.  Into the tub he goes this time.
The rest of Saturday Boo was a bit off.  He slept a good bit, ate a very little bit (for him) and was just generally a little fussy.  He had no fever or anything and after the morning, nothing came up the system.  He did, however have two very nice blowouts from the other end.  One of which resulted in another bath.  Yep, the boy had 3 baths within 24 hours... or one bath and two rinses really.  Friday night was "normal" bath night.
I did laundry Saturday afternoon because Boo went back down for a nap right before we would have all left to take Gak to work and us to the laundry.  Oh well.  It was actually not very crowded while I was there.  That was nice.  I also got some other errands run while the laundry was going, which is difficult to do when I have Boo with me.

Sunday was a good day.  Boo and I went down to visit PopPop and GrammaSue.  As usual, Henry and family were out so we missed the opportunity to have a play date there.  That's OK.  Boo and PopPop had a good time together on the floor.  We all went for a little bit of a walk as well.  Not as long as Momma would have liked, but Boo was a little fussy so we kept it short.  Most of the afternoon was spent being very lazy.  GrammaSue napped to the Phillies game, PopPop played with his camera, Boo slept for about 2 hours and I half watched the game, half looked through the paper and checked on Boo.  I could have used a nap, but I knew that if I did take one, Boo would wake up screaming in about 5 minutes.  I had thought about taking my current crochet project with me, but I figured I probably wouldn't have time to work on anything, even with two other adults there to watch the boy.

Oh, and we also talked to Jon to wish him a happy birthday.  Yep, on Sunday my "little" brother turned 31.  It sounds like they all had a good evening and were having a good day.  That's the way birthdays should be.

In other Boo related news, the boy is officially a crawler.  It took him less than a week to go from being able to get into a sit on his own to full fledged crawling.  He is kinda funny though.  He crawls on hands, one knee and one foot.  It's cute.  I have some video of it.  No, I can't post it yet, it's still on the camera and it's in the car in the diaper bag.  I have a whole bunch of clips I need to do something with.

Anyhow, I'm not going to go into the work deal.  I'm tired and cranky and just don't want to deal with it.  So, therefore, I'm not.

Well, it's now almost 6:15 and I'd better get my butt in gear.  The boy is threatening to wake up again and I need to run through the shower and get ready to face the day.

Peace to all and may your weekends be good.

No comments: