Saturday, August 14, 2010

'Venture Begins!

Well, we're off on another adventure today.  Yes, August is the month of adventures in this house.  And about time too!  We've been stuck in a rut and routine for way too long (yes, even with the move).  It's all been work/daycare, home, dinner, bed, repeat.
I guess you'd like to know where we're going.  Well, I'll tell you.  We're going camping right outside of Washington, DC.  So, like I said before, we're going to have the best of both worlds.  We'll be able to be lazy and hang around camp and swim in the pool, or we'll be able to take the Metro into DC and see some museums or monuments or just wander around.  There is so much to do and it's all (well mostly) free!  Sure, there are some museums I'd love to get to, like the National Geographic museum that have an admission fee, but I'm not sure we'll get there this trip.  That's OK, it'll still be there next time.  With all the Smithsonian museums (including the Zoo!) being free, I don't have much incentive to go find others.  If we get to two museums (Natural History and American History) we'll conciser this a successful trip.
So, yes, we could easily meet up with Cybele, now that she's back from Egypt.  We could almost as easily meet up with Ben, Jenny and family (if they're home not in Vermont).  But, we're not going to.  This trip is all about the three of us.
Yes, you'll get lots of pictures when we get back and some stories.  But don't expect to see or hear anything from me until Wednesday.  Yes, the campsite has Wi-fi, but I'm not taking my laptop and I'm not typing a post on Gak's iPhone.
Well, I've got a boy who wants snuggles and some packing to get to, so I'll sign off here.
Peace to you all and may your 'ventures be fun!

No comments: