Thursday, August 05, 2010

Drama Done?

Well, unless something totally unexpected happens, the drama with the old apartment is done.
Gak is holding a check from our landlady in his hands.
I'm not going to go into all the details, suffice to say we got less than half our deposit back and have signed away the option to pursue this issue any further.  Some will think we're stupid for doing that, for leaving potentially $1200 on the table.  Yes, that's a lot of cash.  Yes, we could really, really use it.  But, I'm not sure $1200 is worth the aggravation, lack of sleep and other issues that we would have had to go through to get it.  And in the long run, I'm not sure it would have done any good for anyone (except possibly the bank account... but probably not even that...)
Personally, I'm just glad to see this chapter closed.
I thought about posting the letter we wrote to our former landlady's lawyer, but again, it really wouldn't help anyone out, so I won't.  (Although, if you want to see it, I'll gladly email it to you.)

On a side note, as you can see off to the side, I did manage to edit and upload pictures from Monday to flickr.  Hopefully tonight or tomorrow I can write about our 'venture.

Peace to all and may your conflicts come to a close peacefully and quickly.

No comments: