Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Weekend Photos

MonetLillies2
Originally uploaded by Addey Rat.

Well. I got through about half the weekend photos this morning. This one here is one I had a bit of fun with. While we were at the Norton Simon, we went out into the sculpture garden. In it, there is a nice pond and it had some beautiful lillies with purple flowers. When I was working with this photo in PhotoShop this morning, I couldn't help but think about how much it looked like a Monet. I love Monet. He's one of my favorites. I'm not sure why, maybe because he painted so many lilies and fields and things like that with lots of light and life. Well, I played with the filters for a little bit and came up with this. I think it looks pretty good for a 'fake' Monet. I can still see the lilly pads, but the crisp definition is gone and there are some 'brush strokes' that make it look like it was panted in the fast, Impressionist way of a real Monet.
Anywho, the other pictures I played with this morning are all on my Flickr.


This is the photo that I used to create my Monet from. As you can see, it started out as a pretty nice picture in its own right.

Anyhow, I just thought I'd make a quick little post to let people know that at least some of the pictures from this weekend are up on Flickr. I will hopefully get a chance to go through the ones from the wedding itself tonight and get them uploaded as well.

Peace to all and may you be able to find some beauty in your life.

No comments: