Monday, July 26, 2010

Fit?

Well, it has been about 10 days since we picked me up a Wii balance board and Wii Fit game.
I'll start off by saying I didn't realize such simple exercises, could get you sweating and working so hard.
I enjoy it, really I do.  I like that it tracks my time and my weight and makes me set goals and things like that.
I do not, however, like some of the wording or phrasing or "attitudes" I get from the game.  Dude, I know I'm fat, why do you think I'm doing this?  You don't have to make my Wii look like she's just found out that she failed the last math final she needs to graduate when you tell me the results.
Also, I have no idea how in the world you're supposed to keep your center of balance in the yellow area on some of these exercises.  Unless I put my foot in the middle of the board, which you're not supposed to do.
I wish there were some pre-set "routines" or an easier way to list different exercises/activities that go well together.  Sure, telling me I should do XYZ after I've just don ABC is great, but if I'm not ready to move onto strength training because I want to warm up a bit more with the yoga, doesn't help when I finally do change screens.  (Especially because I've been doing this at about 5:30 am and my mind hasn't totally booted for the day yet...)
I love how I feel after 30-35 minutes working on the board.  My body doesn't feel tight or stiff, but warm and loose and ready for the day.  I love the fact that I can pick and choose what I want to do.  But... the avatars and the "trainers" with their canned lines bore and annoy me and seem to be that too helpful, too cheerful type I usually have a hard time not throttling.  (The Wii balance board animation on the other hand, is quite cute and friendly..)
So, I will keep working with it, hopefully at least 3-4 days a week.  I will get past the annoyances of the avatars and the depressing "wrong answer" type sounds when it gives me my weight results.  I'm stronger than that.  A stupid hunk of plastic and coding isn't going to do anything to my self image.

Anyhow, I don't talk about it much, but I am continuing down the path to a smaller me.  Unfortunately, this means I need a whole new wardrobe at this point.  I have 1 pair of work pants that fit great, 1 skirt that is acceptable, 1 pair of work pants that'll do (all 3 are khakhi, can I tell you how bored I am of tan??) and 1 pair of jeans and 3 pair of shorts that will work too.  I've got about 6 shirts for work (but a load of T-shirts that I used to avoid fit again...).  So, yeah, I need new clothes.  The biggest problem, well, two biggest problems?  Time to shop (trust me, shopping with a toddler is suicide) and a bit more importantly, money.  Part of me doesn't want to bother getting new clothes because, if I get to where I'm going, I'll need still more new clothes in another few months anyhow.  But, a larger part of me is almost embarassed by how long I've been dealing with clothes that just don't fit right.  I mean, I got a new pair of jeans on Mother's Day a size smaller than most of the work clothes I'm making due with, and they're a bit loose (but not quite loose enough to go down another size...).  So, I don't know what to do.  I did get a few pair of jeans from Kat that had been floating around that fit well, but I can't wear them to work.  I'm half tempted to find some cheap fabric that'll work and make a couple drawstring skirts, but once the weather cools off and I can't wear my sandals any more to work, that won't do.  (That and about 90% of people who know me are having to re-read that statement ot make sure they read it right...)
So, I'm not sure what I'm going to do, other than complain either about spending money or about having clothes that don't fit.

Well, my lunch is over, so I'm going to get back to pounding my head against imovable objects until the day is done.

Peace to all and may you find a fit you like.

No comments: