Tuesday, January 08, 2013

New Year...

Well, it looks like I haven't started the new year off blogging any better than I ended the last year.
I've also found that I haven't had much to say on Facebook or G+ either.

It's been a busy, if fairly normal, week here.  Of course it's busy, it's reporting month.  And Gak's taken his turn being sick.  And Boo is 4.5 years old.  So, yeah, normal kinds of busy.

There have been some good things though.  Through the magic of trading gift cards with Gak and adding a little cash to the mix, I now own a fitbit zip.  I just got it Saturday evening.  And let me tell you, I really think it is pretty cool.  Yes, it is just a glorified pedometer in many ways.  But, it's one that resets itself at midnight and keeps track of not only how many steps I take, but the frequency and calorie burn and some other cool stuff.  And I can see all the information it has to give me either on a website or my phone.  All I have to do to sync my fitbit is to get within 20 feet of my computer and it does it all by itself.  Oh, and the two coolest bits are the smiley face it gives you depending on how active you're being and the fact that it syncs up with the healthy habits/incentives site my company uses as part of our benefits and earns me points.  These points mean "money" toward any number of really cool things I can order from their catalog.  So, this is a win-win situation all around.  And yes, I can take it into the pool.  (Well, technically it's not waterproof, but a sandwich baggie keeps out 99.9% of the water and it stays put in my swimsuit.)  I'll have to let you know if/how it handles lap swimming.  I didn't get to do laps Sunday because Gak wasn't feeling good and didn't go with Boo and I to the pool.

Oh, yeah, we're going to the pool at the Y just about every Sunday.  Boo starts reminding me about it around Wednesday or so.  One of these days he may actually start swimming instead of just splashing or holding onto me or Gak for dear life.  (Although, he's a bit more willing to come to me, since Gak has a habit of dunking him of taking him through the water features which Boo does not like.)

Next week I'll be heading to western Texas for a few days.  It'll be nice to get away, but I'll miss my boys.  It shouldn't be that hard of a trip, other than the fact that I have to fly through Houston.  I never have a good time flying through Houston.  Actually, the hardest part is that my flight gets back to Philly at about 11:30 pm on Friday night.  We shall see.  It'll be interesting at any rate.

I'd better get my lunch and breakfast packed and me dressed so I can get a boy-o up and dressed.  He already told me he planned on sleeping in today and that I was going to have to wake him.  He's a funny, funny little boy.

Peace to all and may your New Year be starting out on a positive note.

No comments: