Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Picture Pages

As it seems to be lately, it's been an entire week since I've gotten around to posting an update.  There is a lot I want to say, but I haven't sorted it out a bit.  I will say that last night I finished the last of the three training sessions I needed to become a Girl Scout leader.  I went to the first leader's meeting of my service unit last week as well.  Now to get the rest of my ducks in a row so we can get this thing going.

I have a handful of pictures from the last month or so that I have edited but just haven't gotten around to posting.  So, I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone.  Eventually they will all get up on Flickr, but for now, you'll have to live with these.

These two are from our camping trip.  This was Sunday afternoon.  As you can see, it was quite bright and sunny at the moment.  This was after our swim and while the boy-o and I were exploring on the bike.  There was a playground just around the corner almost from the bath house, so of course we had to stop there.  He had a lot of fun playing in and around that boat.  There was also a nice big slide he enjoyed for a bit as well.

This is from Monday morning.  This was the view that greeted us when we woke in the morning.  You can see the silver tarp off to the left-ish that started out covering the stuff on the table.  The blue tote on the table actually stayed sealed fairly well and only a little moisture got in.  I'm still amazed that the poles didn't self destruct in the blue tarp.  Everything was soaked, but OK.

This is the first sheet tent that I made Boo.  You can see him sound asleep in it.  This was at nap time, he slept there that night as well.  He actually slept in, too!  Anyhow, I made him one again last Saturday which didn't turn out quite as nice, but he still enjoyed it.

These next several are from our day at Knobels.  It really was a nice day even with the little shower right when we got there.

Boo and Gak shooting the water cannon at the pirates!

Boo actually driving his bumper car.  He'd either go racing off in a straight line and not turn, or he'd spin around in a circle until one of the operators shoved him in another direction.  Quite funny to watch.

Boo and I panning for pretty rocks.  We both had a lot of fun with this and he came away with quite a large handful of shineys.  (On a side note, I can actually see how much weight I've lost in this picture, the mere fact that this is a large t-shirt and the sleeves are loose... and the sides aren't lumpy.  Wow! Oh, and I only have one chin...)

This was Boo on the Pioneer train ride.  I just love this little smile.  He really is too darn cute.

Anyhow, that's about all I've got to say this evening.  I'm thankful that it hasn't rained since the weekend and there doesn't appear to be any more water in the forecast for a bit.  (At least I don't think so, I wasn't paying close attention earlier...)

One of these days I'll get a slightly more meaningful post about my Girl Scout adventures so far written.  For now, it's sloshing around in my tired and work-stressed brain.

I'm off to read a few pages and fall asleep (I hope).

Peace to all and may your pictures be good memories and your family adventures fun.


Jenn Dixon said...

Boo has gotten so big since I saw him!

Addey said...

Don't I know it Jenn! He looks waaay older than 3 to my eyes. Other days he looks exactly 3 and acts it too. We should try and get together this fall some time, although I'm afraid if I blink it'll be winter already.