Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Not Abandoned

No, I have not abandoned this space.  I have lots and lots of things buzzing around in my head.  Some of them are post-worthy, most are not.

Life's been a little hectic, a lot gray and rainy and well, just moving along too fast in general recently.

Let's see here...I missed posting about that "awesome" earthquake in Virginia that made the water slosh all over in my water bottle at work and was kinda a cool experience.

I missed posting about the impending doom of Irene and all the wetness and annoyances she brought.  (Not much for me other than a bit of cabin fever, but Kat had 18 inches or so of water in her basement and before she could get it dried out, got another 10 to 12 with the rain yesterday.)

Oh, and did I mention that Irene hit almost exactly 6 years after Katrina?  No?  Well, it was a few days early, but yeah.  Do you know how I know this?  I know this because Katrina hit a few days after Gak's and my wedding.  So, yes, I missed posting a sappy lovie-dovie post to my wonderful husband of 6 years.  (What I remember most about Katrina was the fact that Gak and I had actually talked about going to NO for our honeymoon... but decided we'd rather do that for a long weekend or something...)

I didn't get around to talking about our Labor Day plans and adventures.  And don't even remind me about the photos from the camping trip a month ago now almost that I haven't edited, or the ones I haven't downloaded off the camera even.

I have a lot of various crafty type projects that I've been working on that I haven't had time to document or brag about a bit.  Mom helped me finish up a really cool bag (well, almost finish... I'm arguing with snaps...) over the weekend and I love it.  I've had so many other little projects going that I haven't even stopped to mention, let alone take pictures of.

So, yes, there has been a lot going on around here.  Including a boy-o who's growing like a weed.  Every time I turn around I think he grows another half inch!  I haven't talked much about all our wonderful bike rides and how cool all the kids at daycare think I am when I come to pick up Boo on the bike.  (Or at least they think the bike is super awesome and that Boo is so lucky because he gets to ride on it...)

It is now less than a month until my brother and Becca's wedding.  I'm so excited.  Not just because they're actually getting married, but because I get to see them both twice within the span of less than 4 months.  I still don't know what I'm going to wear, it all depends on the weather and if I feel like shopping at a store or within my own closet.  (I know Becca and Jon don't really care, but I do.  I want to look good in whatever I choose because, well, I want to look as good and as happy as I feel.  And I've found that if you feel good in your clothes (no matter the size or whatever) the better you feel in general.  The whole outside matching the inside and vice versa thing...)

I know I'm just rambling at this point.  I haven't mentioned a bunch of other things, like my newest obsession thanks to my brother.  (Thanks for the $5 bribe... er... free gift certificate... to get me hooked...)

Anyhow, I'm going to wrap up this not-quite bullet-point post right here.  I'm very tired since it was an interrupted sleep night last night because I was on call and someone had a problem that demanded my attention.

So, I wish you all peace and a chance to let your words and mind catch up to your life.

No comments: