Friday, November 02, 2012

Electricity

Tonight I am thankful for electricity.  Yes, this is a continuation of yesterday for the most part, but today electricity is important and I'm thankful for it.

No, it's not because I live a very "connected" life and seem to have an electronic device (or several...) within arms reach at all times, but for other reasons.  I'm very thankful that we only lost power for less than a day.  But, what I'm really thankful for is the fact that the power is finally back on at Gak's work.  This means that he gets to go back to work tomorrow.

Normally Gak's not very happy about working every Saturday.  But, after being home all week, climbing the walls, he's more than happy to go back to work.  Not just for the fact that he gets out of the house with something to do, but because without going to work this week, his next paycheck will be half of what it usually is.

Several of my friends are still without power, and that stinks.  I know for a fact some of them won't get it back until Sunday, or maybe even Monday at this rate.  That really stinks.  But, we make do and I've let everyone I know who is still without power they are more than welcome to come over and charge phones or  take a hot shower or grab some hot food.

Peace to all and may you have the power you need, when you need it.

No comments: