Thursday, November 19, 2009

Look, It's Thursday!

Well, as you can see from the lack of words coming from my keyboard, that not much has happened this week. Boo continues to thrive. I continue to work. Gak continues to work. I'm just trying to get through until the weekend. I have all of next week off and there's some great things planned. Now, to get there. *sigh*
Today and tomorrow Gak has to work all day because his boss is doing some college hunting with his daughter. That'll make up for him not working next Thursday, so not bad over all.
In the not-so-great news, my brother's company got merged and he suffered a "reduction of force" notice... or at least that's what my company has been calling them. Yeah, he got laid off. But, he's much better with money than I am and has a bit tucked away (mostly earmarked for a house down payment, but there just in case) and got a nice enough package that he doesn't have to touch that next week. So... needless to say he and Becca won't be coming out at all this winter, which kinda bums me out. I wish we could go visit them, but we can't afford to either. Heck, we can't even afford to make it out to Oklahoma for the three of us. Ugh. Oh well.

Anyhow, I should probably get my butt moving. It's been hard motivating the last few weeks. Don't get me wrong, I'm still thrilled to have a job, but the job just doesn't thrill me. I think it might be partially change of season blues and partially that the challenging stuff just doesn't grab me that much any more. I'm just having a hard time motivating to get stuff done, and there are too many shiny things distracting me. My procrastination has come to the fore again and must be beaten into submission. It's going to take a lot of work, but it will happen... until the next shiny comes along. Aargh.

Anyhow, I'm off to get things together for the day and eventually get my son ready for the day too.
Peace to all and may your weeks be uneventful, but your motivation present.

No comments: