Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Holiday Happenings

Well, Christmas is almost upon us.  I'm so excited.
My brother, Becca and mother are on their way up.  We're having a "make your own Pizza" party.  I'm excited.  I haven't done this since we were kids.  I used to beg mom to let me do this for my birthday every year for about 3 or 4 years straight.  I'm also excited because Jon and Becca haven't met Boo yet.
After an early-ish dinner, we're going to head over to Kat's house for the annual Christmas Eve Open House.  It's an open door policy and people come and go all evening.  It should be fun.
I hope Boo continues to be in a good mood, but I'm not sure.  He's currently fighting the nap monster again.  It had won for a little while, but he's beginning to fight back again.  I'll give him another few minutes to see if he settles back down.  He may actually be hungry, I'll see.  (Therefore, I've got to keep this post short.)

I did want to rant a bit about ice.  Can I tell you how much I hate ice, sleet and freezing rain.  Sure, it let me get out of work a little early on Friday, but it still stinks.  You can't drive on it.  It causes trees and wires to come down which causes all kinds of havoc.  It does look pretty, but it's a mess.  I just hope this year doesn't go like last winter where every storm would start out as snow and then turn to ice and yuck by the end.  I'm not holding my breath though, because it's done that three times in the last week.  (Of course, it'll be 50 by Friday I think.)

Anyhow, just a quick check in to let everyone know to be on the lookout for some fun pictures in the next few days.  I can't wait to see what Boo does with the wrappings.  I have figured out though, that he has to be interested in the first place.  If you put something wrapped in front of him and he already has something in his hand that is more interesting, forget it.  I'm sure it'll take most of the day tomorrow for him to open things.  That's OK.  It just means more photo opportunities for me.

Boo fell back asleep again, but I'm going to take this opportunity to pick up a few last minute things around the house.  (It'll never be spotless, but I can make it a little better....)

Peace to all and may your holidays be bright!

No comments: