Monday, November 21, 2011

Adventures

I was looking over my list of November posts and I realized I have yet to give thanks to something that add so much fun and spice to my life and that's Adventures!  Anyone who knows me, knows I love to go on adventures, both big and small, near and far.  I mean, it's part of my blog description after all!  (It's also what I asked Jon and Becca to continue to do as part of their wedding vows...)

And I really am thankful for all the adventures I've been on and get to go on with my life.  Some days, just going to the grocery store can be an adventure.  (And actually, that's how I get Boo "excited" about going, or at least willing to go.)  And yes, some adventures are much more fun than others.

Today was a fun adventure.  Since I've taken the week off, Mom and I decided today would be a good day to get together, seeing as though she has Mondays off anyhow.  So, Boo and I left the house at about 6:30 and headed down to meet Amma at the Y for swimming.  Everyone was happy to see Boo.  We had a good time swimming and then we went to breakfast.  I was sooo hungry that I ate a huge breakfast and even now I'm not really hungry.  After breakfast we went to Amma's for a little bit to wait for her new recliner to be delivered.  I love it.  It fits her perfectly, which means that Gak won't fit.  Anyhow, after that we went over to the mall to see if I could find something to spend my JC Penny gift certificate on, that Michelle gave me for my birthday.  I found this really neat sweater and some long-sleeved T-shirts.  Then it was home again.  So, overall it was a nice little adventure.

I love going new places and seeing new things, or even just going across town to somewhere I've been before just to see what's new.  I'm thankful for all the new experiences I can get and all the new people to meet.  (Although, sometimes that's hard... I'm actually pretty shy in real life... it's only here that I just run my mouth and say hi to everyone I come across.... hmmm....)
So, yes, adventures are a wonderful thing to be thankful for.  No, this isn't a long well thought out post.  I'm too tired for that.  (And Blue's Clues just ended, so I have a boy who's about to start pushing buttons.... and I've got to get dinner in the oven... and yeah, all the normal stuff.)

So, I bid you peace and many, many, many wonderful adventures, both near and far, great and small!  Always be looking for the adventure in your lives.

(This post was also inspired by the necklace that Mom gave me today, which I love!)

No comments: