Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Mellow Day

Today was a good day. There were the occasional rough spots, but nothing earth shattering like earlier in the week. Boo is staying awake more during the day, which is good. Hopefully it'll mean more nights like last night. He went down around 9 and didn't wake up again until about 3:30. This means I got almost 5 uninterrupted hours of sleep! That definitely makes the momma a much happier person.
Several days ago now, Boo discovered that he can "eat" his hands. Actually, I think it's been about a week now. For a while there, he'd sucked on the backs of his hands so much that it made his dry skin even worse. You can't put lotion on his hands because... you guessed it... he'll suck it right off. (And trust me, lotion of any sort is pretty nasty tasting...)
Of course, I'm glad he's found out that he has hands and can suck on them, but it does make feeding a bit of a challenge. There are some days he's more interested in eating his hands than feeding. Or, he's so tired that he just can't figure out that if he moves his hands away, he can nurse. Of course, it's really kinda funny when he tries to nurse and eat his hands at the same time. Boo doesn't really seem to like it when I laugh at him while he does this.
Ok, I think I've rambled on about Boo eating his hands enough. It's been an interesting part of the day recently though.
It continues to amaze me how much Boo is loved. He received two packages today. Boo got two really cute outfits from Bobbie. Of course they have frogs on them. The second package he got was from my cousin Ben, his wife Jenny and their son Daniel, who's 8 months old now. I guess this makes them his cousins as well. They sent us the diaper bag off our registry list and stuffed it full of goodies. All of it will come in quite handy and some of it will be really fun. There were both a set of wrist rattles as well as a pair of "feet rattles", socks with faces that have rattles in them on the toes. They're cute and funny.
Anyhow, I'm going to go curl up with a book for a bit and then catch some sleep. Boo went down to sleep a little bit ago, and maybe I'll have another night like last. (I'll settle for the previous pattern of a midnight, 3am and 7 am feeding though...)
Peace to all and may you constantly find amazement in the little things.

No comments: